My Blog List

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chinese Game Collections

My new order of weiqi books arrived a few days ago. This time, it's all professional game collections, since that way I don't need to read much Chinese. ;) The top three books are part of a series on Japanese masters, and the bottom two are the complete collection of Japanese "castle games" played during the Edo period. (I think the publisher only printed 800 copies, so it's sort of a collector's item) 


From left to right: Honinbo Dosaku, Honinbo Jowa, Honinbo Shuei
Dosaku is my favorite master to replay. :)
The series also has Shusaku, Shuho, and Shusai, but I didn't get those for various reasons.

   A look at the contents of the Dosaku collection.


"The castle games were played in the Shogun's castle by the best Japanese players of the day. " - Sensei's Library

The original Japanese version of this collection is ridiculously rare/expensive, so it's good to have an affordable Chinese edition.

Index of the games


Easy to read diagrams inside.

I've started replaying one of the games.



My study of these classic games will hopefully prove to be helpful, although I'm still looking for people to play. I have a new lead on a weiqi club in the city, so I'll go hunting for it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment